Civil Society Dialogue Network
The Civil Society Dialogue Network (CSDN) is a mechanism for dialogue between civil society and EU policy-makers on issues related to peace and conflict. It is co-financed by the European Union (Instrument for Stability) and EPLO, and managed by EPLO in co-operation with the European Commission (EC) and the European External Action Service (EEAS).
The second phase of the CSDN will last from 2014 to 2016. It will contribute to strengthening EU and civil society capacity to anticipate, analyse, prevent and respond to threats to stability and human development posed by violent conflict and crisis.
CSDN events (conferences, seminars and workshops) are open to all interested civil society actors and take place in Brussels, EU Member States and conflict-affected countries with EU presence. They focus on:
- geographic and conflict-specific situations (including an early response element) and conflict analysis
- strategic, policy-making and programming aspects of peace-building and conflict prevention
- transversal thematic issues relating to conflict prevention and peace-building.
CSDN events fall into the following categories:
5. The EU in International Peacebuilding Meetings
EPLO will produce background material, including briefing papers, reports, and policy papers. Updates on the CSDN will also be disseminated via the EPLO Conflict Prevention Newsletter.
Click here to download the European Commission's press release on the launch of CSDN I.
Click here to read all the publications from the first phase of the CSDN (2010-2013).
For more information about the CSDN, please contact Ben Moore.
CSDN Training Seminar on Peacebuilding Advocacy towards the EU
|Date||26-27 November 2015|
The training seminar will analyse the EU's institutional capacity regarding conflict prevention and peacebuilding. It will enable the participants to increase their understanding of the EU as a foreign policy actor, learn about obstacles and potential of the EU to do effective peacebuilding and provide them with concrete examples of advocating for more effective policies and programmes on conflict prevention and peacebuilding at EU level.
The training seminar is open to representatives from peacebuilding civil society organisations.
To apply, and for more information about this event, please contact Ramona Kundt.
Funding Instruments Meeting - Instrument contributing to Stability and Peace - Consultation on 2016 programming (October 2015, Brussels)
- PowerPoint Presentation: Instrument contributing to Stability and Peace: Elements of the draft 2016 Annual Action Programme - Conflict prevention, peace-building and crisis preparedness component (Article 4) (Session 2)
- PowerPoint Presentation: Instrument contributing to Stability and Peace: Initial ideas for the 2016 Annual Action Programme - Global and trans-regional threats component (Article 5) (Session 1)
- Background document for small group discussions (Session 3)
For more information about this event, please contact Ben Moore
Policy Meeting - Strategic Review of EUMM Georgia (September 2015, Brussels)
For more information about this event, please contact Nabila Habbida
Training Seminar - The EU and Peacebuilding (July 2015, Brussels)
For more information about this event, please contact Anna Penfrat
Click on the following links for more information about earlier CSDN events: