About this Event
The Quaker Council for European Affairs (QCEA) and Newcastle University invite you to the launch of an Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) funded project on gender and inclusivity in peace and security, including an expert panel discussion on the topic. The event is kindly supported by the Irish Embassy to Belgium.
20 years on from the adoption of UN Security Council Resolution 1325 on Women, Peace and Security, this project offers tangible guidance for individuals tasked with supporting gender in peace and security institutions, and advice on navigating the obstacles they may face in their work. It includes a best practice guide and three accompanying YouTube videos.
These focus on the following themes:
- Gender and Inclusivity Matter for Peace and Security
- Gender and Leadership: Practising Inclusivity in Peace and Security
- Overcoming Resistance to Work on Gender: Strategies and Approaches
The launch event will feature:
- An introduction from Olivia Caeymaex (QCEA) and Katharine A. M. Wright (Newcastle University)
- Helena Nolan, Ambassador of Ireland to Belgium
- Marc Fiedrich (TBC), Head of Unit, European Commission FPI, Instrument contributing to Stability and Peace (IcSP)
- Toni Haastrup, Senior Lecturer in International Politics, University of Stirling
- Laura Davis, Senior Associate to lead work on Gender, Peace and Security at the European Peacebuilding Liaison Office (EPLO)