On 28 October 2020, the African Security Sector Network (ASSN), Cordaid and the European Network for Central Africa (EurAc) will host an online public conference to discuss the role of the European Union (EU) regarding monitoring and evaluation of the reform of the security sector in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
This conference intends to contribute to strengthening citizen control of public action carried out in the field of security in the DRC by presenting research, carried out in 2019-2020 under the supervision of the ASSN, by Congolese civil society organisations.
The public conference will take place from 2PM to 4PM (Brussels time) on 28 October 2020 and will include:
- An analysis of the security sector emanating from Congolese civil society actors
- Recommendations to international actors involved in the security sector reform process in the DRC, including the European Union institutions and Member States
- A dialogue between (Congolese) civil society actors, researchers, and decision-makers to jointly reflect on the support for security sector reform in the DRC that they are providing or plan to provide in the coming years
- Hervé Magaribi, Cordaid DRC
- Dr Niagalé Bagayoko, ASSN
- Emmanuel Kabengele, DRC expert
- Ivan Voevodsky (DG DEVCO) Cooperation attaché in charge of SSR programmes at the Delegation of the European Union in the DRC
- Steven De Pourcq (EEAS), Desk officer for the Democratic Republic of the Congo at the European External Action Service.
Moderated by Donatella Rostagno, DRC Peace & Security Expert
Registration (mandatory): https://forms.gle/3aYJuApoynNr4Jcg7
Participants will receive the link to the webinar by e-mail.
The event will be held in French and English.