On Thursday 18 May 2017, Maastricht University is organising a workshop entitled ‘Implementing the EU Global Strategy: EU civilian crisis management and the integrated approach in perspective’ in the framework of the EU-CIVCAP project.
14:30 Comparing EU, UN and OSCE approaches to conflict prevention, crisis management and peacebuilding
Chair: Prof. Sophie Vanhoonacker, Maastricht University
– Dr. Hylke Dijkstra, Maastricht University
– Peter Horne Zartsdahl, Roskilde University
– Ambassador Dame Rosalind Marsden, Chatham House, former EU Special Representative, and former UK ambassador
– Prof. Joachim Koops, Vesalius College Brussels
16:00 Coffee/tea break
16:30 Roundtable: The EU’s integrated approach and its added value to international security
Chair: Dr. Petar Petrov, Maastricht University
– Dr. Giovanni Faleg, CEPS
– Bert Versmessen, Deputy Civilian Operations Commander, EEAS, Civilian Planning and Conduct Capability
– Annick Hiensch, Political Affairs Officer, United Nations Liaison Office for Peace and Security
– Dr. Nicoletta Pirozzi, IAI Rome
18:00 Drinks reception
To register your participation in this workshop, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your name, position and affiliation.