Peace, Development and Security
The main objectives of EPLO's Peace, Development and Security Working Group (PeDS WG) are derived from EPLO's Policy Objective 3: To integrate peacebuilding into EU development policy, programmes and approaches.
The PeDS WG aims to ensure that EU development policies and practices adequately incorporate conflict prevention and peacebuilding - in line with the whole-of-EU approach - and thus contribute to the achievement of sustainable peace worldwide. It also promotes and monitors conflict sensitivity in the use of EU development assistance, including in fragile contexts.
For more information about the PeDS WG, please contact Ben Moore.
- In June 2014, EPLO published a briefing paper on the EU's policy and financial commitments on governance. Click here to download the new briefing paper.
- In November 2013, EPLO organised a round-table discussion on 'Peace and Security in the Post-2015 Framework: What Role for Civil Society in influencing and implementing?'. Click here for more information about this Civil Society Dialogue Network event.
- In September 2013, EPLO published a statement entitled Putting Peace at the Heart of the Post-2015 Framework. Click here to download the new statement.
- In June 2013, EPLO organised a round-table discussion on Guinea-Bissau. Click here to download the report and final agenda of this Civil Society Dialogue Network event.
- Contribution to the European Commission's consultation on 'Towards a post-2015 development framework' (September 2012) (For more information, please contact Ben Moore)
- Contribution to the European Commission's consultation on 'CSOs in Development' (May 2012) (For more information, please contact Ben Moore)
- Letter to Commissioner for Development, Andris Piebalgs, about the European Commission's communication on increasing the impact of EU development policy (February 2012) (For more information, please contact Ben Moore)
- Contribution to the European Commission's consultation on the green paper on 'EU development policy in support of inclusive growth and sustainable development: Increasing the impact of EU development policy' (January 2011) (For more information, please contact Ben Moore)
- Peacebuilding and Development: Faraway, so close - Seminar Report (May 2010)
- Comments on the European Commission's Issues Paper: Towards an EU strategic response to situations of fragility in developing countries: Engaging in difficult environments for long-term development (September 2007)
- The EU as a Conflict-sensitive International Player: Key Actions to make a Difference in 2007-2013 (January 2007)
- Comments on the European Commission's Issues Paper: Towards a European Consensus on Governance in Development Co-operation (June 2006)
- European Union Development Policy Statement: Proposed amendments on the Commission Communication (EPLO-International Alert-Saferworld, September 2005)