EPLO’s Working Group on EU-Africa Relations monitors EU policy developments related to peacebuilding and conflict prevention in Africa.
EPLO’s Working Group on EU-Africa also provides input to the Peace and Security Partnership of the Joint Africa-EU Strategy (JAES).
For more information on the Working Group on EU-Africa Relations, please contact Lorenzo Angelini.
- A new Africa-EU Strategy: Recommendations for EU support to peace and security in the framework of a renewed Africa-EU Partnership (October 2020)
- Supporting Youth, Peace and Security in the renewed AU-EU Partnership (November 2017)
- Peace and Security in the new Africa-EU Partnership: Recommendations for civil society participation (October 2014)
- Recommendations for the Second Action Plan for the Peace and Security Partnership of the Joint Africa – EU Strategy (September 2010)
- The European Union and Somalia (March 2010)
Reports of CSDN Geographic Meetings
- Conflict Dynamics and Peace Drivers in the Horn of Africa in the context of the Covid-19 crisis: Gathering civil society input (June 2020, Online) – Report
- Conflict Dynamics and Drivers of Peace in the Sahel Region: Gathering Civil Society Perspectives (March 2020, Brussels) – Report (EN) ; Report (FR)
- Conflict Dynamics and Peace Drivers in the Lake Chad Region: Exchange of views with the EU (October 2019, Brussels) – Report (EN) ; Report (FR)
- Conflict-sensitive engagement in Uganda: Gathering civil society perspectives (March 2018, Entebbe) – Report
- Civil society perspectives on lessons learned from conflict prevention and peacebuilding approaches to addressing the root causes of (i) forced migration and (ii) violent extremism in the Horn of Africa (June 2016, Brussels) – Report
- Guinea-Bissau: Peacebuilding responses to impunity and exclusiveness (June 2013, Brussels) – Report (EN) ; Report (PT)
- Mise en œuvre de l’Accord-cadre pour la paix, la sécurité et la coopération pour la RDC et la région, et stratégie de l’UE : quelles actions prioritaires ? (May 2013, Brussels) – Report (FR)
- Peacebuilding in Sudan and South Sudan: The Role of the EU (October 2011, Brussels) – Report
- EPLO Briefing Paper 3/2012: The African Peace Facility (June 2012)
- Recommendations for the implementation of the Peace and Security Partnership of the Joint Africa – EU Strategy (October 2008)
- The Joint Africa – EU Strategy (October 2007)
- Acting on Commitments: How EU strategies and programming can better prevent violent conflict (April 2007)
- Towards a Coherent EU Conflict Prevention Policy in Africa: Challenges for the Belgian Presidency (EPLO-Heinrich Böll Foundation – September 2001)