Civil Society Dialogue Network
The Civil Society Dialogue Network (CSDN) is a mechanism for dialogue between civil society and EU policy-makers on issues related to peace and conflict. It is co-financed by the European Union (Instrument contributing to Stability and Peace) and EPLO, and managed by EPLO in co-operation with the European Commission (EC) and the European External Action Service (EEAS).
The third phase of the CSDN will last from 2017 to 2020. It will contribute to strengthening EU and civil society capacity to anticipate, analyse, prevent and respond to threats to stability and human development posed by violent conflict and crisis.
CSDN events (conferences, seminars and workshops) are open to all interested civil society actors and take place in Brussels, EU Member States and conflict-affected countries with EU presence. They focus on:
- geographic and conflict-specific situations (including an early response element) and conflict analysis
- strategic, policy-making and programming aspects of peace-building and conflict prevention
- transversal thematic issues relating to conflict prevention and peace-building.
- Discussion Paper – The EU and conflict prevention in Jordan – Laura Davis & Fatima Ayub (March 2017)
- Background Paper – The Impact of Train and Equip initiatives on Security Sector Reform: A Brief Literature Review – Laura Davis (November 2016)
- Background Paper – Updating the Business Model for Conflict Prevention (October 2016)
Support to in-country CSO capacity building and initiatives
|Type||Funding Instruments Meeting|
|Date||4 October 2017|
|Short Description||The overall objective of this meeting is to gather INGOs’ assessments of previous and ongoing donor support for in-country CSO capacity building and initiatives in peacebuilding and conflict prevention, and their recommendations for future EU support in this sector.|
|Useful Links||For more information about this event, please click contact Ben Moore.|
Geographic Meeting – An EU Strategy for engagement with Iraq: Gathering input from INGOs (October 2017, Brussels)
For more information about this event, please contact Nabila Habbida.
Geographic Meeting – An EU Strategy for engagement with Iraq: Gathering civil society input (September 2017, Brussels)
For more information about this event, please contact Ben Moore.
Policy Meeting – Strategic review of EULEX Kosovo: Brainstorming on future EU support to the rule of law in Kosovo (September 2017, Brussels)
For more information about this event, please contact Anna Penfrat.