Civil Society Dialogue Network
The Civil Society Dialogue Network (CSDN) is a mechanism for dialogue between civil society and EU policy-makers on peace and conflict. It is co-financed by the EU (Instrument contributing to Stability and Peace) and the European Peacebuilding Liaison Office (EPLO), and managed by EPLO in co-operation with the European Commission (EC) and the European External Action Service (EEAS).
The CSDN was established in 2010 and the fourth phase (CSDN IV) began in 2020 and will last until 2023.
Most CSDN events take the form of dialogue meetings which bring together relevant civil society actors and EU policy-makers. They take place in Brussels, EU Member States and conflict-affected countries with EU presence.
- Discussion Paper No. 14 – The European Union as a peace mediator – Natalia Mirimanova (March 2020)
- Background Paper – Climate change and violent conflict: Challenges and opportunities for the EU and civil society – Lorenzo Angelini (December 2019)
- Background Paper – EU Support to Women Mediators: Moving Beyond Stereotypes – Dr Laura Davis (April 2019)
- Discussion Paper No. 13 – Peace Stories – Terri Beswick (January 2019)
Conflict dynamics and drivers of peace in the Sahel region
#HumansBuildPeace – Pascal Kipkemboi
Training Seminar on Peacebuilding Advocacy towards the EU
|Date||22-26 June 2020|
|Short Description||The objectives of this training seminar were to:
|Useful Links||For more information please contact Lorenzo Conti or Manon Levrey.|
Geographic Meeting – Conflict dynamics and peace drivers in the Horn of Africa in the context of the Covid-19 crisis: Gathering civil society input (June 2020, Online)
For more information about this event, please contact Lorenzo Conti.
Policy Meeting – Capacity building of military actors in support of development and security for development (CBSD) 2018-2020: Informal exchange of views with international non-governmental organisations (INGOs) (May 2020, Online)
Geographic Meeting – Conflict Dynamics and Drivers of Peace in the Sahel Region: Gathering Civil Society Perspectives (March 2020, Brussels)
For more information about this event, please contact Lorenzo Angelini.
Click on the following links for more information about earlier CSDN events:
- Geographic Meetings (including Early Response Meeting and In-country Dialogue Meetings)
- The EU in International Peacebuilding Meetings (CSDN II only)