Civil Society Dialogue Network
The Civil Society Dialogue Network (CSDN) is a mechanism for dialogue between civil society and EU policy-makers on issues related to peace and conflict. It is co-financed by the European Union (Instrument contributing to Stability and Peace) and EPLO, and managed by EPLO in co-operation with the European Commission (EC) and the European External Action Service (EEAS).
The third phase of the CSDN will last from 2017 to 2020. It will contribute to strengthening EU and civil society capacity to anticipate, analyse, prevent and respond to threats to stability and human development posed by violent conflict and crisis.
CSDN events (conferences, seminars and workshops) are open to all interested civil society actors and take place in Brussels, EU Member States and conflict-affected countries with EU presence. They focus on:
- geographic and conflict-specific situations (including an early response element) and conflict analysis
- strategic, policy-making and programming aspects of peace-building and conflict prevention
- transversal thematic issues relating to conflict prevention and peace-building.
- Discussion Paper – Civil society peacebuilding actors in Iraq (October 2017)
- Discussion Paper – The EU and conflict prevention in Jordan – Laura Davis & Fatima Ayub (March 2017)
- Background Paper – The Impact of Train and Equip initiatives on Security Sector Reform: A Brief Literature Review – Laura Davis (November 2016)
Peacebuilding Advocacy towards the EU
|Date||8-9 March 2018|
|Short Description||The training seminar will analyse the EU’s institutional capacity regarding conflict prevention and peacebuilding. It will enable the participants to increase their understanding of the EU as a foreign policy actor, learn about obstacles and potential of the EU to do effective peacebuilding and provide them with concrete examples of advocating for more effective policies and programmes on conflict prevention and peacebuilding at EU level.|
|Useful Links||For more information about this event, please click here or contact Susanne Wander.|
Strategic Review of EUMM Georgia: Gathering Civil Society Perspectives (February 2018, Brussels)
Strategic Review of EUMM Georgia: Roundtable on Civil Society Perspectives (January 2018, Tbilisi)
For more information about this event, please contact Anna Penfrat.
Funding Instruments Meeting – Instrument contributing to Stability and Peace: Annual Action Programme 2018 and Multiannual Indicative Programme 2018-2020 (November 2017, Brussels)
For more information about this event, please contact Ben Moore.